Now to do the ‘Out of Africa’ thing.🚶♂️#keepwalking
Well, Fitbit says I’ve walked the same distance as the longest river in the world.
Feb 01 – 07, 2021
- – Ordered food delivery for dinner after a long long while.
- – As bedtime procrastination, I caught up on the latest 📺 episodes of Batwoman and The Expanse.
– Missed #ManUtd score 9 against Southampton.
– Completed listening to 📚 The Organised Writer by Antony Johnston
– At a quiz held during the organization’s All Hands Meet, I managed to come in 5th. Questions about Hindi movies in quizzes always trip me up. 😢
– I finally managed to show my team a demo of a chatbot for
– With Season 5 of the Expanse concluding with Nemesis Games, I think I’ll wait for the final season before I start book 6, Babylon’s Ashes.
– I started 📖 reading Economics of Small Things by Sudipta Sarangi.
– It was the last day to submit the yearly self-appraisal stuff at #work. Luckily, my Obsidian-based worklog helped me fill it up quickly.
– We went out shopping for silver and sarees before the weekend trip.
- – A rather lazy Saturday spent watching 📺 and reading Dark One. Max’s tab is great for reading comics. 😀
- – Travelled to Palaniyarpalayam.
Jan 25 – 31, 2021
- Just a regular Monday. Eat, Work, Sleep.
- The 72nd Republic Day 🇮🇳 also marked the 31st anniversary of my Holy Communion.
- Max was disappointed on not catching up the tanks and other military hardware for the Republic Day Parade as he had a similar event at school.
- Met up colleagues at a wedding after more than 10 months.
- Another regular day at work and home.
- I had started a Latin language course on Duolingo. I’m surprised that I managed to get through a week’s streak. 😲
- I picked up The Last God for reading and I’m very much impressed by the storytelling.
- Since Master was out on Amazon Prime, it became the Friday night movie instead of our game night.
- I finished The Last God and wow! What a book!
- We went shopping for clothes again for my nephew’s birthday party.
- A late night Scrabble game that ended midway because Sophia was about to declare bankruptcy.
- After having squandered points to a table-bottomer mid-week, I expected a strong comeback from #ManUtd visiting Arsenal ⚽. While it wasn’t as boring as the Liverpool-Manchester United draw, this was a bit better but again another draw. Though the record of being unbeaten for 18 away matches was nice, the inability to stay on top the table is worrying. 😯
- Completed Nemesis Games around midnight.
Jan 18 – 24, 2021
- restarted 🚶 and 🧘 practices
- started listening to Mythos by Stephen Fry 🎧
- started reading Wonder Woman: Dead Earth 📖
- bought a new tab for Max since his class hours are extending for 3 hours.
- joined a book club initiative as a core member at office.
- attended two meetings simultaneously 😲. One meeting was on the 💻🔉 and the other on 🎧. I wasn’t required to talk on both luckily. 😃
- tried walking on the treadmill for a change just mix up my walking routine.
- continuing reading Nemesis Games by James SA Corey 📖. Since I’ve watched most of the Season 5 of the Expanse, this should be a quick read as the characters and locations can be imagined from the series.
- Woke up at 3 am with a low blood sugar rate. It must’ve been the effect of the previous evening’s exercise.
- Max’s new tab arrived. I have set up a rather strict parental controls and usage schedules for him. I also side-loaded Blokada for ad-blocking and Tachiyomi for reading comics.
- I missed last night’s #ManUtd 2-1 win against Fulham. I wish they would play at Old Trafford they play away games.🤨 Looks like the title hopes are looking more brighter this year.
- Time for the quarterly 🩸 test.
- Finished reading Wonder Woman: Dead Earth by Daniel Warren Johnson
- Caught up the Expanse 🚀 and Batwoman 🦇 TV series.
- Went out for dinner to a restaurant for the first time in a year.
- What was supposed to be a simple jaunt to the shop to get some garments for Max wound up a shopping spree 🛒.
- Watched Outside the Wire 🎥.
- Started and completed The Rise and Fall of The Trigan Empire Volume Two by Mike Butterworth 📘
- Compared to the insipid #ManUtd vs Liverpool match last weekend, this week’s Round 4 of the FA Cup against Liverpool was a better match and a 3-2 victory made it sweeter. 🙌
Jan 11 – 17, 2021
Back home at Chennai.
- Signed up at work to present a talk titled “Getting Things Done Or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love Procrastination” to my team.
- The work week was a bit slow with a holiday for Pongal on Thursday.
- I was featured in a weekly Genesys Spotlight that showcases interesting hobbies of employees. It featured a short video of me talking about how I do my 100 books a year reading challenge every year.
- After logging from work on Friday, I was mentally exhausted and did not have the mindspace to go for my daily walk and this lethargy continued right through the weekend.
- On Saturday, Max and I spent some time sorting out the games that work and those that don’t from Felix and Stefon’s set of PS2 games.
- I played God of War for a while on the pretext of testing if the game works.
- Max and I spent some time playing NFS:Undercover. He can beat me only if he has the Koenigsegg CCX and Nitro boost. Whenever we played Getaway, the game was over within seconds as he has the Koenigsegg and Nitro to pull far far away as the chase starts.
- I spent the rest of the Saturday binge-watching Season 5 of The Expanse.
- I also watched John Wick: Chapter 3 * Parabellum. This is a franchise that had lost its appeal.
- I started reading the fifth book of the Expanse series, Nemesis Games.
- I hoped to watch #ManUtd beat Liverpool and go 6 points clear at the top of the table. But it was rather an insipid draw.
- On the #indieweb side, I’ve been adding the missing sleep logs, daily activity summaries, and exercise logs (as private posts).
The first working week of 2021
- There were a lot of emails catching up to do and stuff to plan at work.
- At work, we bid farewell to Balaji as he departs for a different path in his career. I would miss him as my idea-bouncing wall. 👋
- Max has got better and from Wednesday, he has been unquarantined 🙂 and is spent the rest of the week catching up on missed television and mobile games.
- Since the holidays began, Max and I have been reading a few pages of JL8 as bedtime reading. He has been loving it. Once this ends, I might have find another way to get him to read a bit before sleep.
- Wednesday was the eight anniversary of Mom’s passing away. I got to spend some time at her grave wondering about how things might have been if she was still with us. 😢
- Tenet was a nice movie that I finally caught up with. I would definitely try to watch it in the theatres if they have a show.
- As part of own-your-data, I’ve now got sleep posts working as private posts via IFTTT/micropub. Check-ins via Swarm are also available as private posts. I’ll be adding exercise (again as private posts) next week.
- And you can now search for emojis in search like this: 🦸♀️
- I still haven’t found the time to write the 2020 Review posts.
- The first trip got underway on Saturday with the return to Chennai.
Jan 01 – 03, 2021
The first week of Twenty Twenty-One wasn’t that great a start.
- Max had been diagnosed with a minor variant of chickenpox. As a result, we decided to stay back at Palaniyarpalayam instead of returning to Chennai on the 2nd as planned.
- With the decision to stay taken, planning for work and school was a concern. The lack of internet connectivity is always the bane here at Sophia’s place.
- Getting back to work with almost a fortnight off from work, being productive right away might be a problem. The decision to stay back also doesn’t help. Luckily, I do not expect a rather hectic workload for the first couple of weeks in 2021.
- I’d archived my earlier version of this blog for a newer version this year. Most of my time has been spent in adding #indieweb functionalities to the site.
- Food tracking is back this year and I guess I might have to start losing the extra pounds that I’ve gained over the holidays.
- I also kicked off my #booksof2021 reading with a Green Lantern graphic novel. I plan of doing a Books of 2020 post soon.
- I also posted my first note based on my #zettelkasten. I hope to publish more posts/articles from my zettelkasten. As of now, Obsidian is the tool of choice.
- Since Max is confined to a room, both of us watched both Wonder Woman movies, Wonder Woman and WW84. He loved both movies. My chances of making him a DC fan are increasing. 😀
The urge to rewrite a sentence immediately after writing it is still a siren song that I find hard to resist.
But today I did and it felt good.
But today I did and it felt good.